Startup India Registration
How to register your startup with Startup India Registration. Check out the full Procedure, Requirements, Documents Required of DPIIT and get registered through Filecrat.
In 6 Working Days
Request For Callback
Startup India Registration
Startup India or Startup Registration is a flagship initiative of the Government of India intended to help start-ups scale up faster and better. It will help in building a strong and inclusive ecosystem for innovation and entrepreneurship in India.
Startup India helps new entrepreneurs with things like Easy Registration, Seed Finance, Human Resources/ Talent acquisition etc.
Requirements of Startup Registration
- Turnover should be less than INR 100 Crores in any of the previous financial years
- An entity shall be considered as a start-up up to 10 years from the date of its incorporation
- Entity should not have been formed by splitting up or reconstructing an already existing business
- The Startup should have been incorporated as a Private Limited Company or registered as a Partnership Firm or a Limited Liability Partnership
Advantages and Benefits
- Income Tax Exemption: The Startup could avail exemption from tax on income for 3 consecutive financial years out of the first seven years since incorporation.
- Rebate on IP Rights Fees: The government gives 80% rebate on the patent fee. Patent filing approach will be simplified. A 50% rebate is given on the Trademark application fees.
- Self-Certification: Startups shall be allowed to self-certify compliance for 6 Labour Laws and 3 Environmental Laws for a period of 3 to 5 years.
- Easy Winding of Company: A startup can close its business within 90 days from the date of application of winding up compared to 180 days for other companies.
- Easier Public Procurement Norms: The startups are exempted from criterion of prior experience, prior turnover and earnest money deposit in public procurement.
- Access to Fund of Funds for Startups: The startups get access to fund of Rs 10,000 crores set aside by the government for equity funding support.
Video on DIPP Startup Registration
- Startup Company Registration
- Eligibility Criteria of DPIIT Registration
- Documents Required for DPIIT Registration
- Consultation with our Expert
- Registration on Startup India portal
- Startup pitch assistance
- Incorporation Certificate
- Brief note about activities of the startup
- ID Proof: Voter ID/ Passport/ Driving License
- Address Proof of Director: Bank Statement/ Utility Bill
- Registered Office Address proof: Copy of Rent agreement (If rented property), Electricity Bill Copy with the NOC or Sale Deed (anyone)
The process of registration in such cases shall be real-time and the certificate of recognition would be issued typically within 24 hours upon successful submission of the application.
Yes. On successful registration, you would be able to download a system generated verifiable certificate of recognition.
Yes. An entity without a PAN can be registered as a Startup. However, it is advised that a valid PAN of the entity is provided at the time of registration, as each entity is separately taxable person
Yes, a partnership firm is eligible for all the benefits except tax incentives which are provided to a recognized startup.
Any entity having at least one registered office in India is welcome to register on the hub as location preferences, for the time being are only created for Indian states. However, we are working on international relations and will soon be able to enable registration for stakeholders from the global ecosystem
Investing in startups is a risky proposition, but the low requirement for overhead capital combined with high upside potential, makes it lucrative for investors to put their bets on startups. The Thomson Reuters Venture Capital Research Index replicated the performance of venture capital industry in 2012 and found that overall venture capital has returned at an annual rate of 20% since 1996 – far outperforming modest returns of 7.5% and 5.9% from public equities and bonds respectively.